The IERCD has partnered with the San Bernardino Valley Water Conservation District (SBVWCD) to develop free field trip programs to the San Bernardino County Museum in Redlands! This program will be available during the 2024-2025 school year to third and fourth grade classes from schools within our shared service areas, which includes all of Redlands USD and parts of San Bernardino City USD.
We are currently scheduling trips and seeking teachers who can commit to the following:
- Pre-Trip: hosting an IERCD Conservation Educator in your classroom to present a Water Conservation program featuring the work of the SBVWCD in conserving/building local water supply. The presentation is interactive, connected to NGSS for 3rd and 4th grades, and help prepare students for the field trip.
- Trip: The trip is completely free to participating teachers, chaperones and students! All busing, entrance fees to the museum, and materials are paid for, and will include
- 8:30 AM school pick-up/transport to Museum in Redlands;
- introduction to regional water sources, need for and methods of conservation, and role of SBVWCD in this work, using rotating stations, hands-on activities, and companion workbook,
- time to explore the museum, and
- transportation back to campus at the time chosen by the requesting teachers up until 2 PM. Each trip is designed for two classes/sixty students maximum.
- Post-Trip: completion of post-trip teacher survey within 30 days of trip completion.
Please note, your school MUST be within SBVWCD's service area. You can view their boundaries here.
Field trip dates are currently being scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis for Tuesdays or Thursdays for the next school year. Pre-trip classroom programs are far more flexible, and just require scheduling prior to your trip. We would prefer two teachers interested in teaming up on a single trip, but individual teachers are more than welcome to respond, and you will be teamed with another single class. If your four-teacher grade is interested, we can accommodate that via two classes per trip.